Monday, November 30, 2009

Sorry for the absence . . .

To those of you who actually read my blog, I'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates lately. Things have been blowing and going for Tyler and me. It feels like we have been all over the place these last few weeks . . . that's probably because we have. We have been to Albuquerque, Grapevine, Mansfield, Midlothian, Mineral Wells, Texico and every where in between. But, have no fear, I have plenty of pictures to entertain you with today.

Let's start in Albuquerque:

Tyler and I flew to Albuquerque to watch Victoria's volleyball team claim the State Title for the fourth year in a row. My mom and Elizabeth picked us up from the airport and we headed straight to the Sandia Casino & Resort. Tyler had amazing luck! He won $150!!! I wasn't as fortunate, so I let him do all the gambling. Of course we immediately cashed out as soon as we were $150 up! Here are Tyler, Elizabeth and my mom sitting at the Wizard of Oz (my mom's favorite game!)



After all of the fun at the casino, we spent the rest of the weekend watching God bless Victoria's volleyball team with a 4-peat State Championship!! It was so wonderful to see how excited and happy all of those girls were.
After the game, we went to Texas Road House for a celebratory meal. However, we were not only celebrating the win for the Lady Wolverines, but we were also celebrating Levi's 19th birthday! I believe this is the exact moment when the waitress asked Levi what his name was and he quickly replied "Tyler!" What a little stink! But it was funny!

Then it was time for the wonderful four hour drive/ride home to Texico. God was being extra generous with his art this particular day. It rained on us for a little bit of the journey, but then we say one of the biggest and brightest rainbows I have ever seen. I took so many pictures, but here three that I had to share!


After the rain and rainbow, God decided to remind me how absolutely wonderful it can be to see for miles and miles with no obstacles in the way! We had the most beautiful sunset that night! It was truly breathtaking.
The next weekend, Tyler and I had a Saturday-date-day. First, he took me ice skating for my first time ever. He was such a good teacher even though I was going slow and looking completely uncoordinated. He had to save my life more than a couple of times! It was soooooo much fun!

After ice skating, we went to the Sixth Floor Museum. I guess we should have brushed up on our history a little more . . . when we arrived at the museum there was the longest line. This we found out was due to the fact that the weekend we visited was the 35th anniversary of the actual event. Despite the crowd, it was still so wonderful! We had an amazing time!
After our Saturday-date-day . . . we decided we wanted to put up our Christmas tree. We drank hot chocolate, watched Elf and put up the tree. I love making memories!



On Wednesday of this past week, I got to see my mom and Victoria. It is always so refreshing to see my family and spend time with them. We were able to go shopping and I got to show them around our apartment for the first time since we moved in! I am so happy they came this way for Thanksgiving and that I was able to spend a little time with them.

We had Thanksgiving with Tyler's family and will be spending Christmas with my family. Nancy and Leon were so gracious to open there home to all of us and provide such a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. It was great to see Leon, Nancy, Steve, Georgie, Alex, Clay, Lori, Roger, Bryn, AJ, and the Anthony clan. I hope you all had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as I did.

So, once again . . . I am so sorry for the lack of motivation on my part. I hope these pictures and blog give you a nice overview of what the Anthonys have been up to the past few weeks.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment